|Dear Librarian, |
|Development on SpringerLink continues to ensure the best service to you and your patrons. Since the migration we have continued development at full speed and new features are added weekly. Herewith are some highlights of the new functionality and features that have been made recently. |
|New Functionalities & Features |
- Adding information on collection to eBooks: See what collection a specific eBook falls into by looking in the information section at the bottom of a book or chapter page. Clicking that link will show all books in that collection. If the user prefers to see a specific copyright year, this can be done by restricting the search results on year of publication.
- IP address ranges: The associated IP address ranges now display on the Admin Dashboard.
- Journal's Predecessor Information: Many have requested that journal predecessor information is made visible. This feature has been added and a journal's predecessor information, with links to it are visible on the journal, as well as all volumes and issue pages.
- Order from My Library: A feature has been added to allow users to request access to locked content from their librarian. The feature is optional and admins can turn it on/off in the Admin Dashboard. The email will go to the registered admins of the site.
- Search results to be downloaded in CSV format: we removed limit on the number of search results within journal facet that can be downloaded in CSV format. This makes it possible to download a full list of journals. The limit is still in place for other search results.
- "Get Access" button: If a user does not have access to a particular eBook chapter, they will be given the option of clicking on the "Get Access" button. They will be reminded in the pop-up window that they could log-in to their account to check if they have access. They will also have the option to purchase either the chapter or the full book.
|Cessation of the old SpringerLink site |
|Note that the old, "orange" SpringerLink site will be permanently shut off on 31 March 2013. Users will be solely directed to the new sites for SpringerLink. Please make note of this date and inform your users as necessary. |
|A note on usage statistics |
|Usage statistics are available for both journals and eBooks. |
The following COUNTER-compatible statistics are available on the admin dashboard:
- BR2 - Book Report 2: The number of successful full-text downloads by month and title
- JR1 - Journal Report 1: The number of successful full-text downloads by month and journal
- JR5 - Journal Report 5: The number of successful full-text downloads by publication year
|Total usage statistics for 2012 |
In order to see the usage for journals you subscribed to in 2012, admins will need to log-in to both the client.metapress.com site and link.springer.com sites and aggregate the usage.
|COUNTER & SUSHI |
|COUNTER-compatible usage statistics (Release 4, which will be available as of the middle of the year) can be found on the Admin Dashboard at www.link.springer.com. As an administrator, you can log in here using your standard credentials. All statistics from before the migration are available at metapress.com using the same identification. Additionally, our objective is to have SUSHI reports available by mid-year. |
|Training & Questions |
|Training & Marketing Material |
For any questions on the new site you can visit our information pages on springer.com/librarians for marketing material, FAQ, online tutorials, an admin guide as well as live and recorded webinars.
|If you have any questions about online access, please contact the Springer Helpdesk at email@example.com. |
|Kind Regards, |
Director Academic / Government Marketing & Account Development EMEA