The XVIth Electroceramics conference will be organised by the European Ceramic Society and the Hasselt University from 9th to 12th July 2018 in Hasselt, Belgium. Registration will soon be open.
Electroceramics XVI provides an interdisciplinary forum to discuss topics covering all aspects of electroceramics; from bulk, to thin films, powders, nanomaterials, hybrids and composites; from modelling, synthesis, processing and properties to applications and functioning devices.
Here is a tentative and non-exhaustive set of topics:
ESSENTIALS OF ELECTROCERAMICS:
- Advanced characterisation
- Theory and modeling
- (Micro)structure-property relations
- Size effects
- Interface phenomena
- Economic, environmental and societal issues
FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES OF ELECTROCERAMICS
- Dielectric properties
- Electrochemical behavior
- Conduction of electrons and ions
- Optoelectronic properties
- Tunable properties
APPLICATIONS OF ELECTROCERAMICS
- Energy Generation (SOFC, PCFC, PV, ...)
- Energy Conversion
- Energy Storage
- Energy Efficiency
- Tunable devices, thermistors, varistors
- Membranes for gas separation
A Summer School will also be organised before the conference, from 6th to 7th July 2018, more information will be available soon.